Saturday, April 25, 2009

Field Experience 4/22

Sadly, this was my last week in my field class.  Over this semester, I have really enjoyed being in this class and going each week.  I have also come to really appreciate third grade.  I think that this is such a fun and exciting age to teach.  My cooperating teacher was absolutely amazing.  She always went above and beyond, making sure that Miriam and I were prepared and was so helpful when it came to planning lessons.  It was also very evident that she truly loved her job and as a result had such a positive relationship with her students.  

We had decided the previous week that Miriam and I wanted to do something for both Ms. Lozier and the students.  We decided on cupcakes for the students and a gift card for Ms. Lozier.  When we got there on Wednesday, we played Bingo with the students and just had fun with them on our last day.  Throughout the time we were there, students were constantly coming up and thanking us for being in their class and giving us huge hugs.  After their special area, we passed out the cupcakes and gave our gift to Ms. Lozier.  Little did we know, they also had something for us.  Two students presented us with a gift bag.  In this gift bag was a Springfield Elementary T-shirt that each student had signed the back of and some wrote a short note.  They also had each written us a letter.  They almost brought tears to my eyes.  Each letter was so sweet and they all thanked us again for "taking time off to come and teach them each week." I felt so appreciated and welcomed.  I will keep all of those notes forever, along with the T-shirt.  This day also reaffirmed my decision to be a teacher, specifically third grade.

I feel so blessed to have such an amazing field experience this semester.  I learned so much, specifically beyond the "teacher" part.  It made me excited to have my own classroom full of students one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment