Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Field Experience 3/25

This week was the week that I taught my math lesson.  I was not nervous at all for the first two lessons but I was for this one .  I think it was because I have never seen a math lesson taught in this class before.  It is always taught in the afternoon and I just was not sure what the students were expecting in a math lesson.  I was also teaching about telling time which I feel is a hard concept to understand in itself.  The teacher also asked me to emphasize the concept of quarter hours as well because the students were having some trouble with it.  Not too mention it was just one of those mornings for me in which I was just not all together.  

The lesson did not go as I had thought it would in my head.   It didn't necessarily go badly, just differently than I had planned.  The students were again very engaged and very enthusiastic the whole time which helped me a lot.  Even though this lesson did not exceed my expectations like the other two, I still enjoyed doing it and learned a lot from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment