Thursday, April 2, 2009

Family Life

After talking with my cooperating teacher for a few weeks, I have found out that students in my class have a wide range of home lives.  Some have parents that are very involved and really care about their child's education.  Likewise, I feel that there are some parents that do not put a whole lot of effort in their child.  

Ms. Lozier has gotten several new students this year, a few even within the time that I have been in her class.  She has the student's parent fill out a sheet, telling a little bit about their child.  In one male student's case what their parent wrote really explains a lot.  One thing in particular that stuck out to me was that the parent asked that their child not be kept inside during recess, even for behavior reasons because they want the child to be able to go outside with the rest of the class.  Ms. Lozier had told us that this student probably had some social disabilities and what the parent wrote made me realize where he gets it from.

I strongly feel that if parents are involved in their child's education, the child is much more likely to be successful.  They need to have equal support both at home and at school.  

No comments:

Post a Comment