Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Field Experience 3/18

This was the week that I taught Miriam and I taught our Social Studies lesson.  We had everything planned and ready to go when we got into our classroom that morning.  Then we were thrown for a loop so to speak.  Our cooperating teacher asked us to incorporate a worksheet and a graphic organizer into our lesson.  We had never seen either of the two before were now being asked to teach them both.  So we talked it over and decided that Miriam would teach them both because they went along with her part of the lesson better than mine.  We were teaching all of the symbols for South Carolina such as the state tree, bird, animal etc.  I had the students turn to that specific page in their Social Studies and went over each symbol and the significance of it with the class.  Miriam then taught the two extra worksheets and went over the symbols again with the class.  After that we played Symbol Pictionary in which I drew a picture of the symbol on the board and the students had to guess what symbol I was drawing.  
Overall the lesson went really well.  I think this was the first time that I have ever had to be that flexible when it comes to teaching.  But I thought Miriam and I both adjusted fairly well and did not let it affect anything.  The students were also very engaged throughout the entire lesson which is always helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment